THE WHOLE KIT AND KABOODLE: Thanks to Kitty Litter's post from today, I have decided to further the book discussion. My wife is one of those people who read only one book at a time. And they don't start a new one until the first is finished. How boring! Me, I've got a dozen books started at once. Currently my list includes:
1) Shut Up & Sing by Laura Ingraham - I love her radio show and her common sense conservatism
2) Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell - her first novel and she is one of my wife's favorite authors, think CSI in book form
3) Brainlock by Jeffrey Schwartz- scientific look at facets of anxiety disorder
4) A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by David Eggers - hysterically funny and flippant novel about two brothers
5) Wild At Heart by John Eldredge - Christian guide to masculinity
6) Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren - bestselling Christian guide to modern life with meaning
7) Understanding the Borderline Personality by Jerold Kreisman - more anxiety self-help
There are probably more that I've forgotten about, with a bookmark 1/3 or 1/2 of the way through, waiting for me to rediscover them. I do have to admit that finishing a book is a very satisfying feeling.
What kind of a reader are you? Please put the "me" in media and tell me what you think.