Professor Media Matters

I am a media professional with 6 years as a TV producer and reporter, and college professor in the field of Communications. I am also a Conservative with a passion for pop culture. This will be my attempt to put the "me" in media. It will be my take on movies, TV, books, magazines, newspapers, the Internet and all that is the worldwide media.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

WORDS OF STEEL (PART TWO): Since there are sooooo many great quotes from the hit film Steel Magnolias. And because my first post on this subject garnered the most comments I have ever received, I have decided to post more of my favorite words to live by from this classic American movie.

Dolly Parton (Truvy) -- "There's some pretty sick tickets in this town."

Shirley MacLaine (Ouiser) -- "What's wrong with you these days? You got a reindeer up your butt?"

Olympia Dukakis (Claree) -- "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."

That's enough for now. Go rent this classic and watch it again. There will be more favorite quotes in a future post. What are your favorites?

Please put the "me" in media and tell me what you think.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Your site is very good!
Congratulations!

betting

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger RoseColoredWorld said...

This is one of my all time favorite moves. I could watch it over and over and over. Terms of Endearment and Out of Africa are a few of my other favorite ones. I really hoped that Clan of the Cave Bear would have been taken to a higher level. I liked War of the Worlds because I felt they kept their heads when they directed and produced it. The alien machines were not over done and the scenes with them were very believable. Being in the Visual Communications field I really love the Special Effects. I though the first couple of Star Wars movies were great. After that they began to fall apart. Special Effects just for the sake of Special Effects do not cut it for me. I also like Star Trek the movie and the Black Hole. Legend is also one of my favorite movies. I felt the filming was spectacular and the music was perfect for that movie. I like the movies like Man from Snowy Mountain. The panoramas and the filming in that movie took my breath away. Movies are entertainment to me and sometimes they can have a bad plot or story but if they have exceptional filming and effects I am likely to forgive them. I do want the film makers to pleeeease make the transition from animation to reality very smooth. I would love to see someone make a film of the book AZTEC. It would be so difficult but would be great.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Mrs. Media Matters said...

more spam comments I see. I loved the Black Hole. I have it on DVD. Steel Magnolias is a great movie and we have that on DVD too!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger kitty said...

When Truvy said that her thighs never went out without wearing lycra. That was in the days of long-legged girdles. Now they're called biker's pants :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home