Professor Media Matters

I am a media professional with 6 years as a TV producer and reporter, and college professor in the field of Communications. I am also a Conservative with a passion for pop culture. This will be my attempt to put the "me" in media. It will be my take on movies, TV, books, magazines, newspapers, the Internet and all that is the worldwide media.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

ABOUT ME...

25 Things About me...
1. I tried to water ski when I was a teenager but I could never get up on them. I have never attempted snow skiing.
2. My mom's maiden name was Marilyn Monroe.
3. I love to read conservative political non-fiction books.
4. I went to Japan when I was 13.
5. I really do think, overall, that George W. Bush was a good president and a godly man.
6. I was a TV travel reporter and producer for PBS for 7 years.
7. My wife was born in Texas.
8. All of the birthdays in my immediate family have a "2" in them.
9. I love to make up silly songs and sing them to my son, Parker. He loves it, too.
10. I miss Kathie Lee Gifford on “Live.”
11. My sister has recently overcome uterine cancer. God is good.
12. I love the low prices at Wal-mart.
13. I am not a tween, but I do like the Jonas Brothers music.
14. I once got kicked out of Disneyland for not wearing socks.
15. My family went to a Gov. Palin rally during the election and she twice acknowledged us during the speech.
16. I won $700 on a slot machine in Lake Tahoe. The entire amount went to my dentist.
17. My wife is a genius and solves all my computer problems.
18. We have a Sunday morning before church chocolate chip pancake tradition.
19. I was supposed to interview Regis Philbin on the day after 9/11/01, but of course all flights were cancelled and so we never got to meet.
20. I have worked as a DJ at multiple country music radio stations.
21. I am horribly inept at video and computer games.
22. I strongly supported the war in Iraq and the global war on terror.
23. I hit an over the fence home run in a Little League playoff game.
24. I once sank two free throws at the end to win the game in Junior High basketball.
25. I got rid of my life-size Amy Grant poster when I met my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home