Professor Media Matters

I am a media professional with 6 years as a TV producer and reporter, and college professor in the field of Communications. I am also a Conservative with a passion for pop culture. This will be my attempt to put the "me" in media. It will be my take on movies, TV, books, magazines, newspapers, the Internet and all that is the worldwide media.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

PERSONAL TESTIMONY

During this period of unemployment I have been applying for a number of ministry openings. Many of them require that I submit my personal testimony in writing. This is what I have been including with my application:

I grew up in a Christian home and have had the opportunity to attend church and learn about God all of my life. I accepted Christ as my personal savior at age 7 while at Jennings Lodge church camp.

My faith was an important part of my life throughout my teen years. I had the chance to develop my ministry and leadership skills as president of my church’s high school youth group. I continued my walk with Christ while attending a 4-year Christian college.

In my professional life I have grown in my faith under the wise counsel of two Christian supervisors, most notably Anne Jeffers, who was my mentor and boss during my 6-year tenure at Corban University in the 1990s.

Currently I attend Trinity Life Center church in Sacramento, California. I have been active in drama ministry at Trinity.

Since 2009 I have also served as a Board Member for Pregnancy Support Group (PSG), a non-profit ministry that is committed to providing positive alternatives to abortion. We actively seek to lead men and women in crisis pregnancy situations to a life of sexual abstinence until marriage, and to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I desire to return to full time ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home