TV TOP 10
The end of summer is near and a new fall TV season approaches. This is a good time to make a list of some of one's favorite things. So here goes. My list of my top 10 favorite TV programs for 2011-2012 season:
1. The Price Is Right – Drew Carey has taken over from legendary host Bob Barker and made this game show his own. You can tell he is having fun and those of us in the TV audience have fun right alongside him. Plus my wife and I like to compete against one another. And my son loves to say “Come On Down!”
2. Big Bang Theory - This sitcom is very funny, with a great cast. This would probably be number one if not for the fact that it is often not very family-friendly. Note: Often the humor or storyline is overtly sexual in nature, and that doesn't appeal to me.
3. Little People, Big World -It is my favorite reality show, though my schedule often causes me to miss it. This is a neat family with unique challenges. And I like how their faith is treated with respect. No longer in a weekly format, the Roloff family appears on TLC in hour-long special updates only.
4. America's Funniest Home Videos - It makes my son laugh and that is the greatest feeling in the world. And I laugh, too.
5. Dallas – I am finally getting the soap opera fix I have been blogging about. The revamp of this 80’s drama has been successful and suspenseful. It is good to have J.R. back to his old ways. I was in high school when the show was originally on three decades ago and never got into it. This time around I am enjoying the Ewing clan cliffhangers. Note: this is not a family show. TNT allows some offensive language which is disheartening. Make sure your children are safely in bed when you view.
6. Bristol Palin: Life’s A Tripp! – I love the Palin family! Bristol and her son Tripp are a delight. And I love the bickering between Bristol and her younger sister Willow. Willow needs her own show. I am thankful for pro-life people on TV. The only things I would wish for are more cameos from Gov. Palin and her adorable son Trig.
7. Wipeout - This competition program another reality show that is a favorite in my household. The humor from the hosts is endearing. And watching the contestants fall off various objects is good for a laugh or two as well. Watch out for the Big Balls!
8. Wheel of Fortune -The best game show on TV. Even my 2 year old loves it and can follow along. And I love the banter between Pat and Vanna at the close of the show. I know, I'm a geek.
9. Family Feud hosted by Steve Harvey - We are game show junkies in our house, with lots of hours logged on the GSN network. Of all the Feud hosts on that network, Harvey shines brightest. His gestures and smirks are priceless. It makes us laugh as we play along. Survey says!
10. Special Report with Bret Baier - The best news and political show on TV. The round table at the end is the best part of the program. I don't watch it as much as I used to but feel good knowing it is there when a big story breaks.