Professor Media Matters

I am a media professional with 6 years as a TV producer and reporter, and college professor in the field of Communications. I am also a Conservative with a passion for pop culture. This will be my attempt to put the "me" in media. It will be my take on movies, TV, books, magazines, newspapers, the Internet and all that is the worldwide media.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dancing with the (Sports) Stars

The sports world has invaded my mom’s favorite TV show. Fox Sports reporter Erin Andrews is Tom Bergeron’s co-host on Dancing with the Stars. She’s the one interviewing the B-list and has-been celebrities after they exhaust themselves on the dance floor. I have never been a big fan of Erin’s, at least not her attempts to entertain outside of sports. I saw her guest co-host a couple of times with Michael Strahan on Live with Kelly and Michael while Kelly Ripa vacationed. Her attempts at humor fell flat and I did not find her stories engaging. I thought she did well during her live post-game interview with Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman when he acted like a thug. She maintained her composure and tried to get more information out of an out of control Sherman. Maybe that ability to handle the pressure of a live interview is necessary when you are standing next to a sweaty Snooki or Charo.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home